Ayita by Teneil Whiskeyjack
World Premiere | SkirtsAfire Festival MainStage Production
Ayita by Teneil Whiskeyjack is a calling back to one’s spirit and voice. It is a modern-day creation story meets Indigenous realities that are told through text and movement. Ayita is a fusion of theatre and Indigenous contemporary dance following three Cree women. Each in a different cycle of their womanhood, yet seamlessly interconnected to one another, these women navigate through their own stories of sovereignty, breaking free from and transcending past personal pain, stepping into their healing and liberation, awakening to their medicine.
- 10 pay-what-you-can tickets available for each performance.
- We are pleased to have complimentary tickets available for Indigenous folks that would like to attend. Please book in advance by calling the Fringe Theatre Box Office at 780-409-1910 emailing email@example.com.
- Pay-What-You-Can & Panel Discussion on Tuesday, March 8
- Her Night Out on Wednesday, March 9 (Grab a delicious dinner at Chianti before the show with a special deal (reservation required) and enjoy live music by Kate Blechinger) Sponsored by Alberta Mamas & Chianti Cafe
- Book your group of 6 or more for only $18/ticket or your group of 10 or more for just $15/ticket (plus applicable fees)!
Be sure to come early to enjoy the Interactive Art Installation by Adrianne Beauregarde, as well as a multi-media installation created by Indigenous young women through the VIDEA Canada Corps program and the Braided Journeys Program.
Special thanks to our MainStage Production Sponsor
For more event information, visit https://skirtsafire.com/ayita/.
SkirtsAfire and Fringe Theatre are taking part in the Restriction Exemption Program and therefore patrons 12 and over must show proof of vaccination, negative test result, or medical exemption. Masks are also required.
- Indigenous Theatre
- $30.00 inc $3.00 fee
- 3-March 13, 2022
- 60 minutes
- ATB Financial Arts Barns
- Westbury Theatre
- General (G)